DISCONTINUED BY MANUFACTURER
The Cardiac Science Powerheart AED G3 Plus is the flagship Cardiac Science AED (automated external defibrillator), complete with RescueCoach and CPR metronome to pace chest compressions.
Powerheart AED G3 Plus Features
- Cardiac Science Rescue Ready technology to self-check all main AED components (battery, hardware, software, and pads) daily. It completes a partial charge of the high-voltage electronics weekly, and a full charge monthly.
- RescueCoach and CPR metronome to pace chest compressions.
- Calculates electrical impedance and if a second shock is necessary, our proprietary STAR biphasic technology escalates the energy to deliver therapy at an appropriate, higher level.
- Warranty: A 7-year warranty on the AED.
- A 4-year full battery operational replacement guarantee.
Benefits of the Cardiac Science Powerheart AED G3 Plus
Two AED models: fully automatic and semi-automatic. The fully automatic
model delivers the defibrillation shock with no human intervention. The
semi-automatic model requires the rescuer to push a button to deliver
- Reliability. The AED is Rescue Ready when needed.
- Simplicity. Almost anyone can use the AED.
- Reassuring. The AED knows when to (and when not to) deliver the shock so users don't have to worry about "doing it right".
In a University of Pennsylvania simulated rescue study, the AED G3 Plus
helped untrained adults deliver CPR of a quality similar to that of
- Comprehensive. The text screen is helpful in noisy and chaotic environments.
Each AED package includes (1) defibrillator, (1) IntelliSense battery
(9146), (2) pair of defibrillation pads, (1) Quick Start Tool Kit
including CD-Rom with AED Manual, Training Video, Rescuelink and
MDLink, and serial communication cable.
- 9390A-1001 – Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic with 2010 AHA/ERC Guidelines protocols
- 9390E-1001 – Powerheart AED G3 Plus Semi-Automatic with 2010 AHA/ERC Guidelines protocols
Cardiac Science Part Numbers: 9390A-501, 9390A-501P, 9390E-501, 9390E-501P,
9300A-201, 9300A-501, 9300C-201, 9300E-201, 9300E-501, 9300A-201WP,
9300A-501WP, 9300C-201WP, 9300E-201WP, 9300E-501WP, 9390-501P, 9390A-1001, 9390E-1001
Purchase the Cardiac Science AED G3 Defibrillator at AEDUniverse.com
|Operations||9390A (fully automatic version) and 9390E (semi-automatic version)|
|Waveform:||STAR® biphasic truncated exponential|
|Energy (J) range available:||Escalating variable energy (VE) 95J to 351J|
|Protocols:||5 energy protocols available|
|Factory default (nominal):||200VE, 300VE, 300VE|
|Voice prompts:||RescueCoach voice instructions guide user confidently through rescue process|
|Text screen:||Displays rescue prompts to guide user through rescue process as well as additional critical rescue information for EMS responders|
|Visible indicators:||Rescue Ready status indicator, SmartGauge battery status indicator, service indicator, PAD indicator, text display|
|Audible alerts:||Voice prompt, system alert|
|Synchronized shock:||Built-in automatic synchronization feature|
|Pacemaker pulse detection:||Yes|
|Programmable:||Yes, via MDLink®|
|CPR cadence:||Metronome for compression frequency|
|Minimum combined surface area:||228 cm (35.3 sq in)|
|Extended length of lead wire:||1.3 m (4.3 ft)|
|Supplied:||Self-checking, pre-connected to the AED|
|Type:||Adult, pre-gelled, self-adhesive, disposable, non-polarized (identical pads can be placed in either position) defibrillation pads|
|Shelf life:||2 years|
|Type:||IntelliSense® lithium battery|
|Warranty:||4-year, full operational replacement|
|Daily:||Battery, pads (presence and function), internal electronics, SHOCK/CONTINUE button, and software|
|Weekly:||Battery, pads (presence and function), internal electronics, partial energy charge, SHOCK/CONTINUE button, and software|
|Monthly:||Battery, pads (presence and function), internal electronics, full energy charge cycle, SHOCK/CONTINUE button, and software|
|Internal memory:||60 minutes ECG data with event annotation, multiple rescue functionality|
|ECG playback:||Viewable via Rescuelink® software via PC|
|Communications:||Serial port or USB (via adapter) for PC with Windows|
|Clock synchronization:||Rescue event time stamp of event data|
DIMENSIONS (H X D X W)
|DIMENSIONS (H x D x W):||8 cm x 31 cm x 27 cm (3.3 in x 12.4 in x 10.6 in)|
|9390A-1001:||Powerheart AED G3 Plus Automatic with 2010 AHA/ERC Guidelines protocols|
|9390E-1001:||Powerheart AED G3 Plus Semi-Automatic with 2010 AHA/ERC Guidelines protocolsEach AED package includes (1) defibrillator, (1) IntelliSense battery (9146), (1) pair of defibrillation pads, and (1) Quick Start Tool Kit including CD-Rom with AED Manual, Training Video, Rescuelink and MDLink, and serial communication cable|
Check the Status Indicator to ensure that it is GREEN. When the indicator is GREEN, the AED is ready for a rescue. If the indicator is RED, refer to the Troubleshooting Table in Operations Manual
Perform the following procedure each month (28 days)
1. Open the AED lid.
2. Wait for the AED to indicate status: Observe the change of the STATUS INDICATOR to RED. After approximately 5 seconds, verify that the STATUS INDICATOR returns to GREEN.
3. Check the expiration date on the electrodes.
4. Listen for the voice prompts.
If the battery power is completely depleted.
Replace with a new battery.
If Status indicator remains RED
5. Close the lid and observe the change of the STATUS INDICATOR to RED. After approximately 5 seconds, verify that the STATUS INDICATOR returns to GREEN.
Call Cardiac Science Customer Service or AEDUniverse.com at 1-866-517-8243.
Document the inspection on an AED inspection tag or separate document.
Perform the following tests annually to confirm that the diagnostics are functioning properly and to verify the integrity of the case.
Check the Integrity of the Pads and Circuitry:
1. Open the AED lid.
2. Remove the pads.
3. Close the lid.
4. Confirm that the STATUS INDICATOR turns RED.
5. Open the lid and confirm that the Pad indicator is lit.
6. Reconnect the pads and close the lid.
7. Make sure the expiration date is visible through the clear window of the lid.
8. Check to make sure that the STATUS INDICATOR is GREEN. If the pads are not installed properly, the PAD indicator will illuminate; call Customer Service for assistance.
9. Open the lid and confirm that no diagnostic indicators are lit.
10. Check the expiration date of the pads; if expired, replace them.
11. Check the pads packaging integrity.
12. Close the lid Check the Integrity of the Service Indicator (LED) and Circuitry:
1. Immediately after opening the AED lid, press and hold the Shock button and confirm that the Service LED is lit.
2. Release the Shock/Continue button.
3. Close the lid.
4. Verify that the STATUS INDICATOR remains RED.
5. Open the lid and confirm that no diagnostic indicators are lit.
6. Close the lid.
7. Verify that the STATUS INDICATOR turns GREEN.
Check the Integrity of the Case: Examine the molded case of the AED for any visible signs of stress. If the case shows signs of stress, contact Cardiac Science Customer Service or contact AEDUniverse.com at 1-866-517-8243
CAUTION: Case Cleaning Solutions. When disinfecting the case, use a non-oxidizing disinfectant, such as ammonium salts or a glutaraldehyde based cleaning solution, to avoid damage to the metal connectors. For more Information on Cardiac Science AED Maintenance visit our Cardiac Science Resources Pages